Editing for my Powerade Commercial

 Once I had all my scenes collected, I began editing. I am very glad I took more than one take of each scene because when I was inserting some clips, they didn't fit correctly with the other clips. Some clips were recording in landscape mode and some were recorded in portrait, however I managed to combine the two, to make everything fit. The length of each of my clips were too long and made the total time of my commercial 1 minute and 11 seconds. All of the clips taken where I was exercising were way to long. I had to crop every clip down a couple of seconds to meet the correct time limit of 30 seconds. Next, I decided to apply a filter to the each clip to add an effect for the commercial. After applying the filter, I went to another editing app to  create the Powerade scene and added it into the commercial. After fixing the scenes, I saved the video and opened up a new project to insert the background music. When it came to the song choice, I wanted a certain part of the song at the end of the commercial. The length between the beginning of the song up to the part I wanted to stop at was a little too long for the commercial. It was about 40 seconds long compared to my 30 second commercial. I wanted to keep the beginning of the song and cut a part out the middle, however it didn't work out. I then tried speeding up the song itself and that also did not work out. Lastly, I tried speeding up the whole video to fit the length of the songs. That did not work out. I ended up trimming part of the beginning to make it fit. Although I had complications throughout editing my commercial, I believe the outcome is really good, especially for my first time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming for our Music Video

Creative Critical Reflection for Our Music Video

Logic Music Video ( School Project)